Friday, December 7, 2012

EuroCrossCamp & Beyond

As many of you know (and for those of you who don't), I will be traveling to Europe in a couple weeks to attend EuroCrossCamp (EXC). While there, I will be staying in Vorselaar, Belgium, the heart of the cyclocross scene. I will fly out December 19th, returning two weeks later on January 2nd. During the trip, I will have the chance to eat, sleep, and breathe cyclocross, racing 5 times on some of the toughest courses in the world.

I am very grateful for the support that I have received to help make the trip possible. I couldn't do it without so many of you who believe in my cycling and have helped me to continue my growth as an athlete by providing opportunities for me to develop, both physically and mentally. I look forward to sharing my experiences with you all... via updates here, as well as Twitter and Facebook.

2012-13 EXC Roster

Race Schedule


Tentative EuroCrossCamp X Program 2012

Thursday, 21 Dec – Riders begin to arrive in Belgium (fly in to Brussels)
Sunday, 23 Dec Namur WC (Elite; Junior/U23 races not WC)
Wednesday, 26 Dec Zolder WC
Wednesday, 26 Dec Beernem (for those not selected for Zolder WC)
Friday, 28 Dec bpost bank trophee – Loenhout (UCI Junior)
Sunday, 30 Dec Diegem Super Prestige
Tuesday, 1 January bpost bank trophee – Baal/GP Sven Nys
Wednesday 2 Jan – Riders Depart for U.S.

The rest of my season can be broken down into three major goals:
  1. EuroCrossCamp
  2. Nationals
  3. Worlds
These goals build in a progressive order, each one building off the previous. My time at EXC will help to prepare me for Nationals, along with allowing me to compete for a spot on the 2013, U23 Worlds team. I hope to attain these goals by taking it one race at a time, being prepared for each step of the plan, not anxiously skipping ahead.

Here are a couple links regarding EXC & Worlds selection:
Young US riders selected for Euro 'cross camp
Analysis: U.S. worlds team takes shape ahead of key qualifying period

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment